Click to view the latest edition of Gamut (Guilden Morden’s village newsletter in .pdf format – this is an independent publication).

Collection days for Refuse & Recycling

Location – Guilden Morden.
Collection Day – Wednesday (Week B) starting 1st March 2017

Paper caddies will continue to be collected up to and including Friday 8 December 2017.

From Monday 11 December 2017, they will no longer be collected, and from that date paper should be placed directly into the blue bin.


20/12/2017 : Black Bin
29/12/2017 : Blue Bin (FRI)
05/01/2018 : Black Bin (FRI)
11/01/2018 : Green & Blue Bins
17/01/2018 : Black Bin
24/01/2018 : Blue Bin
31/01/2018 : Black Bin
07/02/2018 : Green & Blue Bins
14/02/2018 : Black Bin
21/02/2018 : Green & Blue Bins
28/02/2018 : Black Bin
07/03/2018 : Green & Blue Bins
14/03/2018 : Black Bin
21/03/2018 : Green & Blue Bins
28/03/2018 : Black Bin


For further information, call our waste and recycling service 03450 450 063 Monday to Saturday 8am – 8pm.

Who to contact in case of flooding and riparian owner responsibilities

Cambridgeshire County Council has been engaging with residents that experienced flooding recently, and many have asked if we could provide them with contact details for who to call in a flood emergency, along with information on riparian owner responsibilities for those living next to watercourses.
The County Council strongly believes that this will help residents be more prepared for future flood events, and be more aware of their roles maintaining watercourses.

Click here for who to contact in a flood emergency.

Click here for information on riparian owner responsibilities.


A bonfire can be a convenient way of getting rid of a large amount of waste. If a bonfire is the most practicable way to dispose of dry garden waste (for example, diseased plant material that cannot be composted) please

  • Be considerate and warn your neighbours – so that there are no complaints.
  • Avoid lighting the fire in unsuitable weather conditions, smoke hangs in the air on damp, still days and in the evening. If it is windy smoke may be blown into neighbours’ gardens and across roads.
  • Avoid burning at weekends and on bank holidays when people want to enjoy their gardens.
  • Avoid burning when air pollution is high.


    Click on the links below to see

    Survey results from The Wildlife Trusts


    Management Plan for Tween Towns Wood

Letters from Ofcom

A survey was carried out by the Parish Council last year on the availabilty of mobile phone signals within the village. The responses from Ofcom are published below:

Letter from Ofcom to Barry Holme re mobile phone signal in Guilden Morden
Letter to Andrew Lansley from Ofcom re mobile phone signal in Guilden Morden

Cambridgeshire Mencap

Would you like to make a difference to the life of a child or young person with learning disabilities in your area?

Cambridgeshire Mencap is looking for volunteers for its Family Support and Befriending Schemes. Our schemes match volunteers with children and young people with learning disabilities, to enable them to socialise or just to give their families a break. It only takes a few hours of your time and it really does change lives.

We think our volunteers are exceptional and you could be too! We give training and support, but it’s the young people who make it all worthwhile. Rob said "I’m so glad I got in touch about volunteering. If you’re thinking about volunteering; just do it, you’ll never regret

Like to know more?

Contact Pat Scott on 01223 883 140 or email

Cambridgeshire Trading Standards

Cambridgeshire Trading Standards’ web pages provide information about how to get advice on a consumer issue and how to report concerns to them; advice is given on the most common problems they come across including scams and rogue traders. The web pages tells residents about the issues that are currently being tackled, linking to their most recent articles to help them avoid the problems that other people in the County are encountering. Visit their pages at

They also have business pages which provide information on how to seek business advice on trading law issues which might be relevant to small businesses operating locally. The link to those pages is


The Localism Bill


The Evacuees’ Reunion which took place on 19th September 2009 was so enjoyable that it is likely to be repeated. If you were an evacuee in Guilden Morden and you would like to make contact with old friends, please contact Doreen Mitchell on 01763 852740.

Reporting potholes

Click here to link to Cambridgeshire County Council’s website where you can report potholes to the Highways department.

Timetable for the 127 bus service for Ashwell/The Mordens – Royston

Click here for a copy of the latest timetable.

Should you require any further information, please contact the Passenger Transport Team.

Phone : 0345 045 0675
Email :
Post : Passenger Transport Team, Box CC 1301, Castle Court, Shire Hall, Cambridge CB3 0AP

Camshare – sharing journeys, saving costs, fuel, driving stress…

CamShare has been set up to provide a matching service for all those who live, work and travel in and around Cambridgeshire.  The website matches you up with potential partners as a driver or passenger.  Once matched, you can choose to journey share as little or as often as you like, with whoever you like!

Find out more by clicking here.