** UPDATE 8/7/20 – Guilden Morden village hall will remain closed until September 2020.
We will be in touch with all our regular users over the next 2 months to confirm the actions and risk assessments that both the committee and users need to take in order to re-commence safe usage of the building going forwards. In the meantime please direct any questions or concerns you may have to .
The hall is available for hire and can be booked by emailing a completed booking form to the Booking Secretary, c/o , who can also confirm availability.
Please note that the booking form was updated in October 2018. There are three main changes, which have been implemented as a result of small number of problems, all at parties for teenagers. These are:
- A reminder that the hirer must ensure people attending the event do not cause a nuisance to local residents at any time, including when at the end of the event
- An increase in the number of adults needed to supervise an event, now 1 per 10 under 18’s attending
- A reminder that the Village Hall Management Committee may expel any person wilfully damaging or destroying any property belonging to the Hall (including fire extinguishers), can require compensation in full and will consider prosecution
Currently there is no telephone contact number so enquiries are only handled by email.
Using the recreation ground
The Village Hall Management Committee is not responsible for bookings on the recreation ground. Please contact the parish clerk for more information about the rec.
The following charges apply from 1st April 2015
|Casual hire or users which are not community groups||Hire Charge|
|Standard Rate: For hire of the entire Hall, including use of the kitchen, but excluding changing rooms and showers.||£10 per hour
Minimum fee £30 +£5 for each additional ½ hour
|Shower Charge: For any use of showers for a period of up to 5 hrs.||£30 per hire|
|Access to Lobby: For use of entrance lobby and toilets without use of other hall facilities||£8 per hire|
|Regular community users||Hire Charge|
|Monthly user: For hire of the entire Hall, including use of the kitchen, but excluding changing rooms and showers.||£8 per hour + £4 for each additional ½ hour|
|Weekly user: For hire of the entire Hall, including use of the kitchen, but excluding changing rooms and showers.||£7 per hour + £3.50 for each additional ½ hour|
|Daily / several times per week: For hire of the entire Hall, including use of the kitchen, but excluding changing rooms and showers.||£6 per hour + £3 for each additional ½ hour|
|Other items||Hire Charge|
|BBQ including gas Available to local community groups only. To be cleaned before return.||£10 per day|
|Tables & chairs Available to local groups and residents subject to availability.||£10 per day regardless of number hired|
- Charges will be made on the period booked, or from the time the key is collected until the time it is returned, whichever is the greater.
- The hire charge includes the use of tables, chairs and crockery. These may only be used inside the hall and are not to be taken outside.
- Full terms and conditions are provided in the booking form.